Should you have any questions about our website or this Policy, please visit our Contact Us page or contact us at:
The Terry Foundation
Amber D. Masso
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website (www. terryfoundation.org) and related Foundation webpages (the “Site”).
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Types of Information We Collect
The Foundation collects both Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information from website users. Personal Information is information that identifies you, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Contact Information (Name, Address, E-mail, etc.)
- School Information (College Attended, Dates of Attendance, Major, etc.)
- Employment Information
Personal Information is typically collected from current scholarship recipients and program alumni.
Non-Identifying Information is information that does not personally identify Website visitors, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address
- Operating System
- Internet Service Provider
Non-Identifying Information is typically collected from all website visitors. The Site may use cookie and tracking technology to gather Non-Identifying Information. This information may be aggregated to help us improve the Site; for example, we may use information to analyze web traffic patterns, to better understand how you use the Site, and to help customize the Site for visitors.
The Foundation does not collect user personally identifiable information over time and across third-party websites, and we do not permit third parties to gather information passively on the Site for behavioral advertising purposes.
Additionally, some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
How we Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your transactions or communications with us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing of Your Information
In general, the Terry Foundation only shares Personal Information with third parties at your direction or with your permission. The Foundation does not sell or rent contact lists to marketers or other third parties. The Foundation does reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information when required by law or when the Foundation believes that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Foundation, our students and alumni, or others. These situations may include investigating fraud or suspected illegal activity, complying with a judicial proceeding, responding to an emergency, or protecting the Foundation from exposure to liability.
How We Secure Your Information
The Foundation utilizes accepted industry standards to secure Personal Information collected and stored on our network. For example, our online portal for scholars and alumni uses an encrypted HTTPS connection, along with password-controlled servers, to secure personal information. As no method of digital communication and storage is 100% secure, the Foundation cannot absolutely guarantee the security of personal information.
Controlling Your Information and Opt-out
You may choose to limit the Personal and Non-Identifying Information collected by the Foundation by not participating in the activities used to collect such information as described above. Applicants, scholars, and alumni may access and update their Personal Information through the Site and dedicated online portals. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Privacy Protection for Child Applicants (Under 13)
If the Foundation learns that a site user under the age of 13 has provided Personally Identifiable information, the Foundation will take appropriate steps to remove such Personally Identifiable information from its database and restrict access to the Site.
Links to Other Materials
Changes to the Policy
The Foundation reserves the right to change, modify, or amend this Policy at any time without notice. When the Policy is changed, modified or amended, the revised Policy will be posted on the Site. Users are responsible for periodically checking the Policy available on the Site for updates. Continued use of the Site following any changes or modifications shall be deemed as your acceptance of any changes in the terms of the Policy.