About the Site
Terry Connect was created to be a platform for current scholars and alumni to interact with the Foundation and with each other.
Content Posting Guidelines
Please note that Terry Connect is meant to be a networking platform, not a social media platform. Memes, political debates, and other content that is deemed unrelated to professional networking are not allowed. Unprofessional or inappropriate content will be promptly removed.You should not publish content that may be seen as abusive, obscene, indecent, or offensive. This includes:
- Offensive or derogatory content relating to sex, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/beliefs, age, or any other such trait
- Content that is insulting, hateful, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or pornographic
- Behaving in a bullying, intimidating, or harassing manner towards other users, organizations, or page administrators
- Contains, or alludes to, unlawful material
- Encourages anyone to act in violation of the terms of their scholarship
- Constitutes spam or promotes or advertises products that have little relevance to the spirit and purpose of networking between Terry Scholars
- Associates the Terry Foundation, its Board, its staff, or its affiliated university partners with personal views or comments
The Terry Foundation will not edit any of your comments or posts, but we will determine whether content violates any of the above terms and will remove it if necessary. If you post content that violates these guidelines, and we have to remove it, we will contact you to explain why. Transgressors may face disciplinary action, which could include any of the following, depending on the nature of the offense:
- an official warning
- deactivation of your Terry Connect account
- probation status or even termination of your scholarship (if you are a current student on funding).
You should always be mindful that any content which is posted online – even within closed groups – may make it into the public domain.
The Terry Foundation reserves the right to use content posted in Terry Connect for the Yearbook, Annual Report or other publications. We pledge to seek consent from the original poster, when necessary and appropriate. (see “Copyright, Trademarks, and Content Ownership”)
Posting to the Job Board, Business Directory, or Event Calendar
Please be mindful of the following guidelines for contributing to the Job Board, Business Directory, and Event Calendar. The Foundation reviews all listings posted and reserves the right to delete those that do not comply with our guidelines.
- Terry Connect users may post jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities to the Job Board as long as they have some direct connection to a Terry Scholar (as the hiring contact, an employee of the company, direct reference, or other relevant connection to the position). Positions at a spouse or partner’s organization must be submitted for review prior to being posted.
- Only Terry-owned and operated businesses are permitted on the Business Directory. Seasonal or fundraising sales initiatives are not permitted. Recruitment for Multi-level Marketing is not permitted.
- All events on the Events Calendar must be accessible to Terry Scholars. However, it is permitted for events to be limited to students only, alumni only, Scholars with limited guests, etc. Attendance limitations must be clearly labeled. Only events hosted by the Terry Foundation, Terry Scholar Alumni Chapters, and Terry Student Organizations are permitted on the event calendar. Events hosted by individual Terry Scholars must be submitted for review before they are posted.
- Positions, businesses, and events are NEVER permitted to discriminate against others based on sex, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/beliefs, age, or any other such trait. Such postings will result in immediate removal of your Terry Connect account.
As aforementioned, the Terry Foundation reserves the right to request edits to or to delete posts that do not meet our guidelines for relevance or appropriateness. Failure to follow the guidelines above may result in the review or removal of your Terry Connect account.
The Terry Foundation is proud to provide this framework for Scholar Alumni to mentor current Scholars in their career fields and to network with each other. While several Scholar and Alumni job placements and internships have been the direct result of contacts found on the former TAP list and on Terry Connect, you should NOT contact Terry Connect users and ask for a job or internship directly. All willing mentors have identified the specific ways they are willing to help; please respect these choices and only request help in the specific areas it is offered.By using Terry Connect, you commit to the following:
- I understand that Terry Connect is for use by Terry Scholars ONLY, and I will not share or use the personal contact information it contains for commercial purposes, solicitation, or mass communications of any kind.
- I pledge to conduct myself in a professional manner when using Terry Connect.
- I pledge to be respectful of my mentors’ time as working professionals. I acknowledge that I must be patient and understand that some Alumni may be willing and able to invest more time than others.
- I will NOT ask any Terry Connect Participant for special consideration or favors because I am a fellow Terry Scholar.
- I will NOT ask a Terry Connect Participant for a job or for inside information about open positions with their company unless they have stated on their profile that they are willing to do so.
- I will inform the Foundation immediately if I observe someone using Terry Connect inappropriately.
Privacy and Security
Please be aware that any information that you share will be viewable by everyone on the platform. The Terry Foundation does not have direct control over how another member may use the information. If you have any concerns about your privacy, we recommend you remove personal identifiable information and enter it in the Terry Portal only. You may also opt to delete your Terry Connect profile at any time.
Disclaimer of Liability
The content provided on Terry Connect is for networking and informational purposes only, and the Foundation does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered by posts on/in the Feed, Job Board, Event Listing, Business Directory, and Groups. By using Terry Connect, you acknowledge that it may contain inaccuracies or errors, and that the Foundation is not responsible for any damages resulting from use of Terry Connect, or reliance upon any information contained within.
Copyright, Trademarks, and Content Ownership
All rights to site content including, but not limited to, text, photographs and other graphic material, belong to, or through their upload to the platform, are licensed to the Terry Foundation. Prior permission to use, reproduce, or reprint site content must be obtained from the Terry Foundation and/or the individual who originally posted the content.
By using Terry Connect, you grant the The Terry Foundation permission retain and use statements, photos, or videos you upload for the purpose of promoting the Terry Scholarship and Terry Community. Content may be shared in Terry Foundation publications and/or on Terry Foundation social media. When applicable, the Terry Foundation pledges to obtain consent from individual users before retaining content for future use in Foundation publications and/or social media.
Use of “Terry Foundation” or any other references to the Foundation in a manner to imply any endorsement, exclusive affiliation, or association between the Foundation and any user is strictly prohibited.
You agree to use Terry Connect only for lawful purposes and only for your own personal, non-commercial use. No other use is permitted unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Terry Foundation.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures on Terry Connect, including, without limitation:
- Using a false password or one belonging to another user or accessing data not intended for the user or logging into a server or account which such user is not authorized to access;
- Using a false name or other personal information;
- Disclosing a password or permitting a third party to use a password or failing to notify us if a password is compromised;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network;
- Submitting, copying or downloading any information to the Site that contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes or devices;
- Sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- Hijacking all or any part of the Site content, deleting or changing any Site content, deploying pop-up messages or advertising, running or displaying this Site or any Site content in frames or through similar means on another Site, or linking to the Site or any page within the Site, without our specific written permission.
We have absolute discretion to determine if any use violates these rules, and to act as we deem appropriate in the event of any violation. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, cooperate with, and make disclosures to, law enforcement authorities in identifying and prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
- an official warning from the Terry Foundation
- termination of your Terry Connect account (this may be temporary or permanent, depending on the situation)
- probation status or even termination of your scholarship (if you are a current student on funding).
If you wish to dispute a decision to terminate your Terry Connect account, please do so by emailing email@example.com.
Your use of Terry Connect and any dispute arising out of such use of Terry Connect is subject to the laws of the United States of America. If you access our website from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. If any provision on this Terms and Conditions page is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Terry Foundation harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the Site in violation of these Terms or the infringement by you of any intellectual property rights of any person or entity.